PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HOLD AN ACCREDITED PERSONAL TRAINING CERTIFICATION. INTERVIEWS ARE GRANTED ONLY TO CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERS.
THE RIDGE ATHLETIC CLUB’S PHILOSOPHY ON FITNESS TRAINING:
It is our goal to employ Fitness Professionals who are motivated to work at promoting themselves and our facility in the most professional manner. This partnership will work best at servicing our members, our team, and our business. The following information outlines the requirements for employment, the function and duties of the Fitness Professional, and the agreement of established wages between the Ridge Athletic Clubs and the Fitness Professional.
FITNESS PROFESSIONAL MISSION:
“Building relationships through motivation and education to better peoples’ lives.”
- To service members of the Ridge Athletic Club in their need for personal training services.
- To contribute to departmental revenues by meeting financial goals and maintaining a client base, marketing the training program and services, and utilizing the highest quality of customer service.
- To assist in the process of attaining and retaining members by striving to maintain the Ridge Athletic Club’s culture and Mission Statement at all times.
- To recognize the unique desires of each individual and help them to lead better lives
- High School diploma
- College studies or degree in a health/fitness preferred.
- CPR certification within the first 90 days of employment
- Certification by nationally recognized certification organizations: ACSM, ACE, NSCA, CSCS, NASM.
- Minimum of one-year experience in fitness programming. Experience may include college internship or supervised instruction.
- Personal Trainer or Fitness Consultant with experience in the health field is preferred.
- Experience in customer service, preferably in an athletic club or other fitness industry.
- Must have skills in exercise programming for cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility.
- Must possess good communication and written skills.
- Must be able to use or verbally explain proper equipment usage and exercise execution.
- Must have the people skills necessary to work effectively with team members and members.
- Must be a highly motivated sales person with the ability to market and build fitness training programs and adult fitness programs for the facility.
- Carrying up to 50 pounds, use of hands, vision, arms, legs, and voice.
- Be able to demonstrate basic exercise skills.
- Must perform bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching and straining activities.
- These physical tasks are subject to change depending on the need of the job task.
- The working conditions will be those of an athletic, fast paced and demanding environment, which at times may have high levels of noise. Will be required to move about the club, both indoors and outdoors.
While in Session:
- Must follow all guidelines and procedures as set forth by the Ridge Athletic Clubs and consistently strive to meet the Mission Statement and culture.
- Must market and promote Fitness Department programs/services at the Ridge while also marketing and selling yourself as a professional.
- Must maintain a clean, operational and safe environment by inspection of equipment and the area.
- Report needed repair of equipment to the Fitness Director and keep the fitness floor neat and tidy.
- Must be attentive while also fostering an environment that promotes an appreciation of other members, guests, and staff so as to inspire them. This takes an intuitive nature and conscious mentality.
- Must be willing to participate in club promotions/events as needed by the facility.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of equipment, exercise techniques/mechanics and physiology by attending mandatory meetings and keeping certifications current.
- Must wear appropriate work attire while in session or walking the floor. Proper workout attire consists of black or white pants and shirts. No cotton t-shirts and nothing with holes in it. We can wear workout clothes as long as they are in good condition.
While on the Training Floor:
- To be knowledgeable of all club activities and help in promoting them.
- To make all reminder phone calls and emails.
- To submit any necessary daily client concerns, purchase agreements or scheduling discrepancies to the Fitness Director. To establish a rapport with members and be on a first name basis with as many as possible.
- To attend ALL trainer meetings unless prearranged with the Fitness Director.
- Keep all client files neat and orderly in designated areas.
- Keep open communication lines with the Ridge Downtown General Manager for scheduling your clients and hours.
Ridge Athletic Clubs
At the Ridge, we're here to help you launch a healthy lifestyle and reach your goals, whatever they may be. So whether you're training as a serious athlete, staying in shape, reducing stress, or rehabilitating from an injury, we've got the facilities, experts, classes, and positive atmosphere to help you succeed.
Company Website: ridgeathletic.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)